Vacancy Description: Telephone Counsellor/Advice Line Consultant
Telephone Counsellor/Advice Line Consultant
Clinical Management Team
The Confidential Care service is delivered in house from 0800 hrs to 2100 hrs Monday to Friday and 10am until 4pm on Saturday.
We have one vacancy for two shifts. Thursday and Friday 11 am to 7pm.
Job Purpose and outline:
To ensure that CiC’ s counselling and information services, Confidential Care, which are accessed by 24/7 free phone numbers are delivered in a timely and professional manner. Each day offers the opportunity for early, late and day time shifts to maximise effective service delivery and provide flexibility for team members. Services outside these hours are provided by a partner organisation
This job includes:
1. Undertaking clinical and client need assessments
2. Processing client (and affiliate counsellor) telephone calls; emails or texts. Interacting with clients via Skype and the Chat room
3. Referring clients to a range of other services and providing support for clients through sign posting and researching further resources.
4. Entering all client and counsellor contacts onto the Confidential Care data base: CiCIS
5. Supporting the clinical service delivery through matching and referral of clients with appropriate network practitioners
6. General administration relating to case work
In addition to client case work, telephone counsellors/advice line consultants will support the clinical function with a range of other tasks including research on behalf of clients and project work relating to our service delivery or utilisation reporting.
Clinical support and overall management for the Confidential Care service is provided by our clinical managers and out of office hours on call support is delivered on a rota basis by the clinical management team.
CiC’ s services rely on accurate record keeping so keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft office software are essential, we use a bespoke access data base (CiCIS) for our clinical work and our existing in house software is continually monitored to ensure that CiC’ s reporting meets the needs of our organisational clients.
The Advice Line Consultants are expected to work closely with our third party service providers, the case managers, clinical managers, the corporate services team and administration/finance functions as well as the wider commercial and clinical world.
CiC expects all employees to work as part of the team which by its very nature will evolve as the services develop. Advice Line Consultants will need a professional attitude and the flexibility to respond to a range of tasks that might arise as the current structure grows.
Person Specification: Knowledge, training and experience required for the role
The suitable applicant will be experienced as follows;
1. In a recognised counselling or psychotherapy modality with BACP accreditation, BPC or UKCP registration or similar professional recognition or working towards this.
2. A minimum of three years experience.
3. Candidates with a core professional training (e.g. social workers or psychologists) with significant additional clinical experience and training are also eligible to apply.
4. In the wider working world in either the private or public sectors.
5. In working with clients presenting with a range of problems spanning various services as well as knowledge of social care and advice systems.
6. In office systems and software as well as keyboard skills.
In addition to the above the following is desirable:
“¢ Commercial experience or related experience in the public or professional sectors.
“¢ An enthusiasm for team work and joining in the growth and success of the business
“¢ CiC will favour applicants with previous EAP experience.
The CiC clinical team meet 4 times each year on Saturday mornings for management meetings and EAP related CPD. Availability and attendance for a minimum of two of these meetings per year is expected and paid in addition to the regular shift work.
CiC is renowned for client service and we rely on the commitment and professionalism of our clinical team in all matters relating to clinical excellence and service delivery.
This job description is not exhaustive and is likely to change as the business needs demand.
It is the policy of CiC to establish and maintain a working environment, terms and conditions of service and employment practices and procedures which will ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favorable treatment on the grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sex or marital status